Adam's Summer Detailing Tips:
Is it just me, or does it seem that summer brings a new element to car care? The heat, the storms, the bugs! Well, here's what I do to keep my daily driver in top shape, even though it’s black and lives outside 100% of the time!
• Wash with the Waterless Car Wash every three days, instead of with water and Shampoo.
• Remove the bugs on the front of the vehicle with a Clay Bar and Detail Spray
twice a month, and follow with a coat of Wax.
• Clay and Wax the paint, headlights, and wheels once a month, or once every two months on cars parked indoors day and night.
• Leave windows cracked a half-inch on super hot days, and use a sun shield in vehicles parked outdoors during the day.
• Apply an extra coat of VRT
to the plastic trim every time the car is cleaned, to keep the plastic from drying out.
• Apply Leather & Dash Conditioner to the entire interior, dash, door panels, and upholstery every 2 weeks.
• Get new windshield wipers. I’ve been using the BOSCH blade units on our vehicles, and love them!
info provided by Adam's Polishes