Detailer's Domain Clay Sponge
- Removes contamination with minimal damage
- Best used with a Clay Lube or Detail Spray
- Easily Cleaned with water
- Use on paint and glass
- Can be used 20-40 Times
Advanced rubber polymer technology, which replaces the use of clay bars. It safely and easily removes paint over spray, water spots, fresh tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint and glass. The Clay Sponge can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water. If you drop the Clay Sponge on the ground, no worries, just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it. The Clay Sponge glides easily and allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant reshaping is required.
Use ONLY on clean, cool paint and out of direct sunlight. DO NOT work on the surface below 55°F and over 100°F.
Please use in an inconspicuous place for the first time in case of unexpected adverse effects on paint surface.
- Thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand, and dirt.
- Spray a generous amount of clay lubricant/detail spray on the surface
- Use the Clay Sponge - rubber side - on on the surface with light pressure .
- Wipe off residue with clean dry microfiber towel.
NOTE: Sufficient lubrication is crucial to the Clay Sponge application.
- Plain water is NOT an adequate lubricant.
- The Clay Sponge does not like solvents!
- Make sure to Remove tar & grease before application
Make sure to break in the pad before every use, wet the Clay Sponge with desired lubricant.
Spritz your clay lubricant or details spray on a portion of glass. Rub Clay Pad in circular motion against the glass for 30~60 seconds. You may see a white soapy foam. This is the protective sealant coming off the Clay Sponge. Don’t use until the polymerized rubber is soft and slightly tacky.
Cold temperatures may stiffen pad. Warm surface before using.